Waze Immigration

Authorization To Return To Canada

If You Have Been Issued A Departure Order, Deportation Order Or Exclusion Order, You Need An Authorization To Return To Canada (Arc) If You Want To Visit Or Return To Canada.

Types Of Removal Orders:

Look at your documents Canada Border Services Agency or IRCC from before you departed Canada. You will notice that on the form number, it will specify the kind of removal order.

Deportation Order

If you have been the subject of a Deportation Order you will NEED to apply for an ARC.

If you were deported because of criminal charges, you will need to apply for criminal rehabilitation first. You may also need a Temporary Resident Permit to be allowed into Canada.

Departure Order

  • you left Canada within the required 30 days and
  • verified your departure with a Canadian immigration officer at the port of exit


If you left the country without verifying your departure, or more than 30 days after the Departure Order was issued, the Departure Order automatically becomes a Deportation Order.

Exclusion Order:

  • you left Canada within the required 30 days and
  • you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada


You NEED an ARC if you wish to return to Canada less than 12 months after the Exclusion Order was issued or do not have a Certificate of Departure.

If you have any questions, you can book consultation to speak with immigration consultant.

Book Consulation
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram