Waze Immigration

Bridging Open Work Permit

A bridging open work permit (BOWP) lets you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application.

You may be eligible if you applied to one of the permanent residence programs below:

  • Express Entry: Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Class/Federal Skilled Trades (FST) Class/Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  • Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
  • Quebec skilled workers
  • Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot
  • Caring for children class or caring for people with high medical needs class
  • Agri-Food Pilot

You Must

  • Live in Canada
  • Have a valid work permit or have an expired work permit but maintained your status as a worker or be eligible to restore your status and get a work permit
  • Be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • Have submitted a complete application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP
  • Have your acknowledgement of receipt letter

Contact us for more information on a Bridging Open Work Permit or for assistance in applying for one.

Book Consulation
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram