Waze Immigration

Dependent Child Sponsorship

Through Family Class Sponsorship, Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have dependent or adopted children living abroad can sponsor them to immigrate to Canada.

Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements below on the day we receive your complete application: They're under 22 years old, and. They don't have a spouse or common-law partner.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Be 18 years of age or older;
  • Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident living in Canada, intending to return to Canada, or a person registered under the Indian Act of Canada;
  • Be able to provide for your basic needs and those of your dependent children as well as your spouse, if applicable;
  • Be able to prove your relationship to your child
  • Not have a criminal record;
  • Not be in prison, charged with a serious offence, or bankrupt;
  • Not be in default of a previous sponsorship undertaking;
  • Not be under immigration investigation;
  • Not be receiving income assistance, except for reasons of disability.
As a sponsor, you will be required to sign an “undertaking” that contractually commits you to providing for your child’s basic needs, such as:
  • Housing;
  • Clothing;
  • Food;
  • Medical expenses not provided by the public health system.
The length of the undertaking for biological dependent children or those to be adopted in Canada who are under 22 years of age is 10 years or until they reach 25 years of age, whichever comes first. For dependent children over the age of 22, the duration of the undertaking is 3 years.

If you have any questions, you can book consultation to speak with immigration consultant.

Book Consulation
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram