Waze Immigration

Open Work Permit

An Open Work Permit (OWP) authorizes a foreigner to work in Canada in ANY job, without restrictions.  The holder of an OWP does not need an LMIA or confirmation of employment first. Once issued an OWP, the holder can apply and work in any job/occupation in Canada.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you

  • Are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
  • Are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
  • Are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
  • Are the spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a low- or high-skilled worker
  • Are the spouse or common-law partner of an international student
  • Are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program or the Atlantic Immigration Program
  • Are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
  • Are under an unenforceable removal order
  • Are a temporary resident permit holder
  • Are a young worker participating in special programs
  • Are in Canada and being sponsored as a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or accompanying dependent child

Contact Us for more information about working in Canada or for assistance in applying for work permit.

Book Consulation
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram