Waze Immigration

Parent And Grandparent

Canadian citizens/permanent residents are able to sponsor their parents and grandparents to become Permanent Residents of Canada and who may eventually be able to apply for Canadian Citizenship.

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption.

If your divorced parents or grandparents have a current spouse, common-law partner or a conjugal partner, these people become dependants on the application and can immigrate to Canada with your parents and grandparents, if approved.

In the application, you can include your brothers and sisters, half-brothers and half-sisters, or step-brothers and step-sisters only if they qualify as dependent children.

Residents of Quebec must sign an ‘undertaking’ with the province of Quebec. This is a contract that binds the sponsorship. Sponsors in Quebec must also meet Quebec’s sponsorship requirements after being approved as a sponsor by IRCC.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Have completed an Interest to Sponsor form on IRCC's website in 2020 (between October 10 and 23, 2023, invitations to apply were 24,200)
  • Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or a registered Indian under the Canadian Indian Act;
  • Be 18 years of age or older;
  • Be residing in Canada (potential applicants will need to provide a proof of status during the Interest to Sponsor phase);
  • Exceed the minimum necessary income level for this program (if married or in a common-law relationship, the income of both the sponsor and spouse can be included) and provide proof of income to IRCC; and
  • Sign an undertaking:
    • To financially support the sponsored for 20 years (starting when they become permanent residents);
    • To repay any social assistance benefits paid to the sponsored family members (if applicable) for a period of 20 years; and/or
    • If the sponsor resides in Quebec, an additional "undertaking" must be signed with the province of Quebec.
Applicants to the PGP will have to prove that they meet the minimum income requirements by submitting notices of assessment issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) in support of their application.

If you have any questions, you can book consultation to speak with immigration consultant.

Book Consulation
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram